I am a results-driven IT & Systems Engineering certified professional with notable success in data/network engineering & implementation, telephone system engineering & implementation and providing customization and support on both. My focus includes IT & telephony security, server/network engineering & installation, telephony systems engineering & installation, support and management. I excel at comprehensive & secure network & telephone system design, analysis and lifecycle management.
I have hands on experience leading all stages of network & telephone system engineering including design, installation, testing, customization and support. With seventeen years in the data, network and telephone systems field I bring experience and many resources to the company I work for.
Personally, I am active in Cub Scouts where I have lead a den of First Graders (Tiger Cubs) & Second Graders (Wolves) in Pack 153 of the Westmoreland District. In previous years I have been the Tiger Cub Den Leader, a Pinewood Derby judge and Fishing Rodeo leader. I believe character, honor and discipline are the key traits of successful leaders; Cub and Boy Scouts is a highly successful method of offering examples of these traits and training to boys and young men.
I am also active in my church at Sherrod Avenue Church of Christ. I have donated time and materials to the technology ministry by aiding in the installation of the projection system, youth group websites, telephone system repair and eventual re-installation, closed circuit camera system installation and network installation.
I am active in the Florence Softball League where my daughter has been a member of the All-Star team 2 years, and the Ken-Po Karate Club that all of my children participate in and the AYSO Soccer League where my son plays. In my spare time I like to build antique Jeeps. My current project is an 88 Grand Wagoneer. One of my previous Jeeps, a 77 CJ5, received a Best in Class (Off Road, Antique) award from the Dixie Vintage Auto Show.
Areas of Expertise
- network & telephone systems engineering, installation, customization and support
- network, data & telephone systems and services cost vs. benefit planning
- network recovery systems design, implementation & support
- network & telephone policy planning design, implementation & enforcement
- network & telephone regulatory compliance including HIPAA & FDIC compliance
- network & telephone security design, implementation & enforcement
- network & telephone systems convergence planning implementation & support
- Operating System Platforms: Windows 7 & 8/Vista/XP/2000/9x, Windows Server 2012/2008/r2, 2003, 2000, NT
- Server Services: Windows Server, Domain Controllers with Group Policy enforcement, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, SQL Server, ForeFront/ISA, Hyper-V, VMWare, Virtual Machine/PC, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop, Remote Application Server, Lync
- Development Platforms .NET/ASP(X), PHP, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash/Shockwave
- Networking Services: LAN/WAN Engineering, Installation & Support using Brocade/Foundry, Adtran, Netgear, Cisco, Juniper and Extreme Networks backbones on TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN (SSL, L2TP & IPSec), Metro Ethernet, Fiber, T1 & T3 services.
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Server 2000 & 2003)
- MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
- ICNE – Intel Certified Network Engineer (NAT, Layer 2, Layer 3, Cat5, Cat6, Fiber)
- IPOAdv – IP Office Advanced (Avaya IP406, IP500)
- NCSA – National Computer Science Academy, BS Computer Sciences, Concentration in Hardware
- CompTIA A+ – PC & Server installation, maintenance, networking, security & troubleshooting
- CompTIA Network+ – Network management, maintenance, troubleshooting, installing and configuring network infrastructure